The Medium is an incredibly beautiful game and has an interesting original story, but not many players have been able to enjoy the game because of constant performance issues. On February 11th, The Medium released their Patch 1.1 update that included:
- Performance optimizations across the whole game
- Eliminated gameplay bugs in various locations
- Eliminated known game crashes
- Eliminated game bugs reported by the community
- Graphical bug fixes across the whole game
- Improvements in camera operation and settings
- Scene lighting fixes in various locations
- Fixes for reported crash issues when loading saves
- Improvements in interactions with in-game events and characters across the whole game
- Raytracing optimizations across the whole game
- Game sound fixes
Many players are overjoyed to know the developers worked on optimizing The Medium’s performance, but crashing has not improved.
In fact, many players are experiencing more crashes since the update. Some players don’t even receive any crash log. The Medium simply crashes to the desktop. Other players are experiencing The Medium crashing at specific points post-update. The developers are aware of this and have provided a temporary fix:
- Restart your computer and launch Steam.
- Enter The Medium’s page and select Manage > Properties.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files… button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files – this process may take several minutes.
Even after following these steps, many players still have trouble with The Medium crashing. Unfortunately, these players will have to wait for a future update to The Medium to hopefully get it to the point where it’s playable.
Are you having issues with The Medium crashing?