Is your Phasmophobia game crashing? A few hiccups are to be expected with a game that is still in its early access phase until the Phasmophobia’s full release. If you happen to get through the numerous lobby issues Phasmophobia is having, you’ll have to deal with the possibility of Phasmophobia crashing?
Is Crashing An Issue In Phasmophobia?
Numerous users are reporting crashing in Phasmophobia. However, the crashing doesn’t seem to occur during gameplay as much as it occurs after a game has finished. Players will hear the voice on the radio confirming the job has ended, but their screen stays black. Another time Phasmophobia randomly crashes is before the game even begins. There are reports of players getting stuck at 90% right before they load in the truck and never getting in. When the go to click on the screen, the game crashes.
Is There Any Way To Fix The Crashing In Phasmophobia?
Right now, the only way to fix the crashing issue in Phasmophobia is to completely close the game if it’s stuck on the black screen. There’s no need to restart your computer as the crashing is most likely on Phasmophobia’s end.However, there are a couple of suggestions from the developer to try. They might not fix the issue but it’s worth giving a shot:
- Restart your game
- Verify integrity of game files (right-click on Phasmophobia in Steam -> Local Files tab -> Verify integrity of game files)
- Ensure your internet connection is stable
- Opt into Beta build (#read-me) and then switch back to the stable build
- Try using VPN (this especially applies to players from Brazil). If you’re using one already, try disabling it.
- Add the game directory to your antivirus’ exceptions list.
Why Is My Phasmophobia Game Crashing?
- If you’re crashing after finishing a game, then it’s an issue with the game.
- If you’re crashing in the middle of a Phasmophobia game, then make sure you don’t have other programs running in the background.
- Also, make sure you meet the minimum specifications for Phasmophobia:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 10 64Bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX 8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 13 GB available space
Please check the latest Phasmophobia patch notes here.
Subscribe to our free Phasmophobia ebook available on November the 1st here.