December was a busy month for Phasmophobia and its loyal player base. The prison map moved from the unstable beta build to the alpha build, and there were several updates from the beta changelog. Let’s take a look at some of the fixes, changes, and other key Phasmophobia beta update notes from December.
“Fixed A Bug Where You Could Glitch On Top Of The Counters.”
Many players enjoyed an exploit where you could get on top of kitchen and bathroom counters without the ghost being able to touch you. This significantly raised the confidence levels of players who knew they wouldn’t be in any danger, even from the scariest of ghosts like a Revenant or Mare.
“Fixed A Bug Where The Ghost could Get Stuck On The Small Carpets.”
Imagine being a ghost and getting stuck on a little carpet. It must be embarrassing finally escaping the living world to float around like a specter, only to get stuck on small carpets. Instead of running behind a door, players were able to run to the safety of a small carpet.
“Fixed A Bug Where Cabinet Doors Were not Visible In Photos.”
Imagine taking a photo of a cabinet in Phasmophobia using the photo camera and not seeing the cabinets. It’s the case of the missing cabinets. Is that really what you want to do as a ghost? Remove all the cabinets in photos? That will show them—extra spooky stuff.
Here are the full notes from the beta changelog. Which ones do you like or hate?
1. Tanglewood: Fixed a bug where you could glitch on top of the kitchen counters.
2. Asylum: Fixed some lockers that were missing colliders.
3. Asylum: Fixed several areas where the ghost could get stuck.
4. Prison: Fixed a bug where the ghost couldn’t enter or exit the Wardens office.
5. Prison: Fixed the exterior walls that caused sensors to float when placed.
6. Prison: Fixed some cells where the ghost couldn’t enter or exit.
7. Prison: Fixed cell door volume being too loud.
8. Prison: Fixed a bug where the VR belt would detach from your body when walking over some platforms.
1. Updated localisation.
1. Added a new system for the Prison level which should improve fps and load times. Please let me know if there are any issues and if it helps.
1. Fixed a bug where you could climb on top of some objects using the drawers and cabinet doors.
2. Asylum: Fixed a bug where you could walk through part of the big doors.
3. Prison: Fixed a bug where the PC Monitors had no collision.
4. Prison: Fixed a bug where the ghost could get stuck on the small carpets.
5. Prison: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take a photo of the fingerprints on the interior windows.
6. Fixed a bug where cabinet doors were not visible in photos.
1. Potential fix for players sometimes not being killed by the ghost correctly.
2. Prison: Fixed a bug where you could place Salt on the middle wall section of the stairs.
3. Asylum: Fixed some spots where the ghost would get stuck.
4. Tanglewood: Fixed some objects that had missing collisions.
1. School: Fixed some books that were floating in the air.
2. Asylum: Fixed some beds that had mission collisions.
3. Tanglewood: Fixed a bug where you could glitch into the door frame.
4. Prison: Fixed the name of the “Infirmary Hallway” having an underscore at the start.
5. Grafton: Fixed a spot in the upstairs bathroom where you could get stuck.
6. Fixed a bug where the Spirit Box and EMF Reader audio would get incorrectly set when moving between floors.
7. Fixed a bug where the Spirit Box could be used from far away if you were near the Ghost.
1. Fixed a bug where the Spirit Box only worked from far away.
1. Prison: Fixed several issues with the ghosts pathfinding.
2. Edgefield: Fixed some occlusion issues in some areas.
1. Prison: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take photos of the exterior window fingerprints.
2. Potential fix for the Bone not always being visible to all players.
1. Potential fix for the Ouija Board not always being spawned in the map for all players.
2. Prison: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t take photos of the cell door fingerprints.
3. Fixed a bug where the Glowsticks were not showing fingerprints.
4. Fixed several locations where you could glitch into a safe spot.