You’re walking from room to room with a thermometer trying to find the ghost’s location only to get nothing below 16 degrees celsius (about 60 Fahrenheit for those who have it set to that option). Unfortunately, you’re not finding anything, which sucks because you have the optional objective of finding a room under 10 degrees celsius.
Is The Thermometer Even Good For Detecting Ghosts?
Yes, the thermometer is one of the best tools at your disposal for finding the ghost’s room in Phasmophobia. The thermometer updates almost every second (about 0.8 seconds) and reads temperatures directly in front of the player. Any reading down to, below, or around 10 degrees celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit) is a strong indicator that the ghost room is found.
How Do You Know If The Thermometer Is Bugged?
If you believe your thermometer in Phasmophobia is bugged, there are a couple of signs to look out for:
- The temperature never drops below 16 degrees celsius.
- The thermometer disappears completely when dropped.
- Your team cannot get the objective of below 10 degrees celsius.
- You can see your breath, but there are no readings on the thermometer.
Why Is The Thermometer Bugged In Phasmophobia?
Phasmophobia is still in its early access phase, so there’s bound to be a couple of issues. There may be rounds where some of your items aren’t working. However, there are a couple of things you can try:
- Restart your game.
- Check your game files through Steam (verify game files).
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure your antivirus isn’t blocking Phasmophobia.
Some of these suggestions could also help your voice chat issues, so try them if you’re not able to hear your friends.