Your lobby in Phasmophobia is set up, your items are added, and your contract is selected, and you’re ready to go. However, they’re asking for everyone’s verbal confirmation to make sure they’re ready. Everyone else has answered, but they don’t hear you. You keep pressing V (or whatever you have as your local push to talk key) to tell them you’re ready, but they can’t hear you. Why can’t your friends hear you in Phasmophobia?
I Can Hear People, But They Can’t Hear Me
If you get into a lobby in Phasmophobia where you can hear everyone else, but they can’t hear you, there are a couple of things to try:
- Check your in-game settings to make sure you have the correct microphone set.
- Check your microphone settings on the PC to make sure you have the right microphone selected.
- Check your microphone’s volume.
- Check the microphone itself to make sure it’s not hard-muted.
- Update Windows 10.
- Disable programs’ abilities to take exclusive control of the input device by going to Control panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Recording. Find your mic from there, click it and press “Set Default” from the bottom right corner. Double click the Default mic and press “Advanced” > Disable “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device,” press “Apply.” After saving all changes, restart your computer.
If everything looks good on your end with your microphone settings, then there are some things you can try with the game:
- Restart the game.
- Try the beta version.
- Verify the game files through steam.
What If I Can’t Hear My Friends On Phasmophobia?
If you can’t hear your friends in Phasmophobia, there are a couple of things you can try:
1. Verify integrity of game files (right-click on Phasmophobia in Steam -> Local Files tab -> Verify integrity of game files)
2. Disable any audio enhancement software, such as Asus Sonic Studio, etc.
3. Disable Xbox DVR and GeForce Overlay.
5. Make sure the game isn’t muted in the Windows mixer.
6. Launch Steam as Administrator.
Let us know if these tips help you fix any audio issues you have in Phasmophobia.