When you first step into Phasmophobia, the controls can be a little confusing. When you start Phasmophobia for the first time, the game throws you into a training session in a truck full of items.
What Are The Items In Phasmophobia And What Are Their Uses?
New players to Phasmophobia will only have a couple of items at their disposal. If players want to try diving into their first game after their training, they will have to familiarize themselves with a couple of items:
- EMF Reader
- Ghost writing book
- Spirit box
How Do I Use The Basic Items In Phasmophobia?
While there are some more advanced items in the game, let’s take a quick look at the basic items and their use:
- The EMF reader is used to detect activity in an area and is one of the best ways to find the ghost’s room.
- You can’t get anywhere in the dark. A flashlight lights the way through darkened hallways and rooms.
- A ghost writing book lets certain types of ghosts show their presence by writing in the book.
- A thermometer, besides the EMF reader, is the second-best way to detect the presence of a ghost in an area.
- A spirit box is used to detect the presence of a ghost if they talk into it. Not all ghosts use the spirit box.
To activate the items on the mouse and keyboard (with the default options), pick up an item using E. Using the scroll wheel, you can scroll through the max of two items the player can hold when not in VR mode. In order to turn on an item like an EMF reader or spirit box, the player simply right clicks on the mouse. Please refer to the default VR controls for your specific VR controller to find out how to use items. Go to the controller settings with Phasmophobia open to find the default settings.
Phasmophobia Hunters Discord: Looking for a Discord server where you can meet other ghost hunters, organize lobbies, and post screenshots? Join Phasmophobia Hunters.
GameDom Discord: Join the GameDom Discord server to stay up-to-date on the latest video game news, opinions, and guides.