There’s nothing more frustrating than wanting to play with friends and getting that pesky “server version mismatch error” in Phasmophobia. The game already has some lobby issues the developer is trying to work out, but it can be frustrating when you installed the game to play with friends, only to get an error when you put in a private code.
What Is The Server Version Mismatch Error In Phasmophobia?
The server mismatch error usually comes up when you don’t have the same region selected as the server you’re trying to join.
- If your region is set to the US and you’re trying to join a game hosted from the EU, you will get the server mismatch error.
- This means you will have to connect to the region of the person you’re trying to play with.
But how do you connect to a different region in Phasmophobia?
How Do Fix The Server Version Mismatch Error In Phasmophobia?
The developer gave a checklist of things to try if you get the server version mismatch error:
1. Make sure you have the same region selected as the player you are attempting to connect to
2. Try switching the region (e.g., if your region is set to the US, try changing to EU or SA)
3. Ensure you both have the same game version installed (bottom left of main menu whiteboard)
4. Ensure you are both on either Beta or Stable (as these two don’t connect to each other)
5. Try launching the tutorial and leave it once the game loads, then try to connect to your friend again
6. Restart your game
Let us know if that fixed the issue for you.
Phasmophobia Frequently Asked Questions
- Phasmophobia No Servers
Swap to the beta build of the game. Right click the game > properties > betas > beta. If you can't see the beta in the dropdown, restart steam.
- Phasmophobia can't connect to the server
If you are on a public internet like a university you need to use a vpn.
- Phasmophobia Cannot move your character
Disconnect any controller or any other input device.
- Phasmophobia Screen is frozen
Update your graphics drivers. Lower the graphics settings and resolution. Make sure you meet the minimum spec.
- Phasmophobia Random Client Timeouts
Go to windows “Virus & Threat Protection” > Manage Settings > Add or remove exclusions > Add Phasmophobia.exe
- Phasmophobia Voice Recognition works but other players can't hear you
Turn your Voice Sensitivity down in your Audio settings in-game
- Phasmophobia LIV Error
Go into the main game folder and rename the “externalcamera.cfg” file to “externalcamera-legacy.cfg”
- Are Phasmophobia characters stuttering around in game?
Everyone returns to the lobby and enable VSync in the game settings.
- Phasmophobia Audio Issues?
Try updating your motherboard audio drivers.
- Phasmophobia voice chat doesn't work without push to talk or voice cuts out
Increase your microphone output in windows or through another software.
- Phasmophobia game is closing on launch
Delete anything in your game folder back to default.
- Phasmophobia Unity error on game launch
Delete this file “Steam/steamapps/common/Phasmophobia/Phasmophobia_Data/resources.assets” then verify files.
- Broken Phasmophobia Save File/ Save reset to level 1
Message a trial moderator, moderator or a community helper with the “Save Data” role. Tell them what level you were and how much money you had