The ClientTimeOut and ClientDisconnect errors are two frustrating issues that many players experience in Phasmophobia’s game lobby. The ClientTimeOut or ClientDisconnect errors will occur either before or after a game is completed.
What Do The ClientTimeout and ClientDisconnect Errors Mean?
Have you ever finished a long and grueling game in Phasmophobia, only to find out you received no credit at all? Many players get the ClientTimeout error, which is frustrating because you do not get credit for all the hard work you and your teammates did to survive a haunted location. Other players will get the ClientDisconnect error when trying to connect to the lobby. The lobby server already has enough issues, so trying to get in and out of a game is frustrating. People just want to sit and play the game, but since Phasmophobia is still in its early access phase, it’s understandable that these issues are still getting ironed out. However, it might not be on the game’s end; these errors also occur if a player has a poor internet connection.
How Can I Fix The ClientTimeOut or ClientDisconnect Error In Phasmophobia?
The developer has a few suggestions for you to try if you’re getting these errors:
1. Restart your game
2. Verify integrity of game files (right-click on Phasmophobia in Steam -> Local Files tab -> Verify integrity of game files)
3. Ensure your internet connection is stable
4. Opt into Beta build and then switch back to the stable build
5. Try using VPN (this especially applies to players from Brazil). If you’re using one already, try disabling it.
6. Add the game directory to your antivirus’ exceptions list.
Have you tried the following steps to fix the ClientTimeOut or Client Disconnect error? Let us know if this worked for you.